Into the Wilderness is a 4 book epic about an English well to do woman who joins her father and brother in the wilderness in Upper New York in the 1790's. She falls in love with the wild lands and while it is a very different world from the upper crust of London she fits in perfectly. Of course it helps that she falls head over heels in love with a rough neck white man raised by Indians who also happens to feel the same way about her. It is not all sunshine and roses for the couple (obviously) but they do have a very sweet honest love that makes you wish you would travel to that time and find your own rough neck backwoodsman. Who needs indoor plumbing when you have true love?
The novels have enough historical relevance to be intriguing and not a straight forward romance novel.
I have read the first two and will probably finish the series, for some reason I lost interest part way through the second novel and am not sure if I want to take up the third. It takes place 15 years after the first ends, which is the only reason I am giving it a chance.
No comments:
Post a Comment