I just finished Mary Hoffman's Stravaganza series first two novels City of Masks and City of Stars. The books deal with time travel between "our world" and an alternate universe that resembles Italy during the 16th century. The first novel was actually pretty sad because the main character Lucien is dieing from cancer in his world but when he travels using a talisman he arrives in Belleza (much like Venice) a young, healthy man. I like the style of the writing, jumping from character to character, which I find really moves the story along rather then getting bogged down. I would recommend for a quick light read but still engaging enough to keep you reading.
The series has two more books so far but my library does not have them so not sure if I will be able to find them or not. I would like to find out what happens to the major characters. I will have to add them to my TBR list and maybe I will get lucky and find them at my library or the used book store.
No comments:
Post a Comment