Saturday, September 25, 2010

Major Pettigrew's Last Stand

Major Pettigrew's Last Stand was an awesome book.  It has been a very long time since I have enjoyed reading a novel this much.  I was skeptical about this book because I wasn't sure how relate able the main characters were going to be.  After all it is about an older major living in a small town in England, not exactly my cup of tea.  The little known secret about MPLS is that it is a simple love story.  The characters are real, honest and charming, if a little old fashioned.  I really enjoyed the story, the simplicity and the fairy tale charm of the novel, all while falling in love with the Major and Jasmina myself.  I highly recommend this book.
I will have to keep an eye out for another book by this author, if it is anything like this one I might become a new fan of her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment