Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris

I love the Sookie series, LOVE IT.  I was laid up last year with pneumonia and read all the novels back to back and fell in love.  I was so shocked to see this new book at the library I almost screamed out "yes".  I needed a little Sookie, which was prefect timing for this book. 

The books are funny, sharp, full of sex, adult vampires, werewolves and hot fairies.  In other words perfection.  Sookie is a telepathic waitress who just happens to be in love with a vampire god, friends with the local were pack and her brother became a panther after a freak encounter.  She is also part fairy due to some extra curricular activities on her grandmother's part.  The novels are the inspiration for the TrueBlood series on HBO (which I have sadly never watched but really need to)

This book examines the relationship with Eric that was just starting to take shape in the previous novels.  It also deals with her healing after the horrible events that happened during the fae war, where she was captured and abused.  Of course there are a few dead bodies along the way and not so much sex but it was still a great read. 

I always look forward to the recent Harris novel, she is a fun writer and it shows in her works.

No comments:

Post a Comment