Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter

I loved this book.  It was so silly and tongue in cheek but yet historically accurate enough that one could almost believe that Abraham Lincoln (who is like my great great great great great grandpa) was indeed a Vampire Hunter.  I especially like that the author made John Wilkes Booth a vampire, how perfectly chilling to think that our 16th president was murdered by the hand of a vampire.  Of course if it were real I am pretty sure Mr. Booth would have bitten and then drained the president and we all know that Mr. Lincoln was shot while watching a play.  Seems a very cowardly way for a vampire to kill someone.  All in all it is a fantastic read, part historical non-fiction, part vampire mythology and a lot of blood and gore.  Now that is my kind of book.  I really loved the pictures depicting vampires and Mr. Lincoln, marvelous idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment