Monday, October 4, 2010

A Dangerous Climate by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro

I grabbed this book on a whim while on my most recent library trip.  I was unprepared but had a few seconds without kids and therefore ended up wondering up and down the stacks trying to find a book to read. 

I was not crazy about this book, mostly because nothing happens.  At all.  The names were long and impossible to pronounce.  The main character is a vampire, who agrees to go undercover in Saint Petersburgh as a spy.  His disguise is the husband of a young Poland woman whose husband has disappeared.  The exact mission is never explained because the Count is on a need to know basis and his "wife" never decided he needed to know. 

The novel was full of very proper dialogue, boring histories and letters about Czar Peter and Saint Petersburgh and relationships that were lacking any sort of affection.  I kept waiting for something to happen, anything.  But nothing did, ever. 

A very strange dry book.

No comments:

Post a Comment