Friday, October 22, 2010

The Way Of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

This Quote on the back of the novel "I loved this book.  What else is there to say?" by Patrick Rothfuss pretty much sums up how I feel about The Way of Kings.  But I will say a little more, after all this is a blog.
I have never read a Sanderson novel. I know he took over the reins of Jordan's Wheel of Time series after his death but the series seemed long, played out and I was afraid I would eventually get bored.  When I spotted this behemoth of a novel at the library I could not pass it up.  The book is over 1000 pages, which doesn't seem like much until you start to read it.  It took me a good week and a half to read this novel, mostly because of personal issues and because the book is that good I didn't want to waste time reading it unless I could give it the attention it deserved.  Not to mention the many rests in order to prevent carpal tunnel in my wrists from holding the book up. 
Of course this is a first novel in a series, but it is a very good first novel.  I loved the characters, the world that Sanderson has created is impressive and the scope of this story is amazing.  Guess I didn't have much else to say after all.  I loved this book.  I cannot wait for his other novels to find out what happens to this mess of characters I have fallen in love with, once again I can only hope it will not be a long wait.   I just might pick up the Wheel of Time series.  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment