Monday, June 7, 2010

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Cover Description:  When Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder.  Much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with odd markings.  This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons, and keeping the odd werewolves and vampires in line.  It's also her first meeting with gorgeous, golden-haired Jace.  Withing twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attached by a demon.  But why would demons be interested in an ordinary mundane like Clary?  And how did she suddenly get the Sight?  The Shadowhunters would like to know...

City of Bones is the first novel in the Mortal Instruments trilogy written by Cassandra Clare.  From the get go the book takes you on a roller coaster ride of adrenaline that doesn't stop when the book does.  The fighting is intense, the dialogue is realistic and the characters make you fall in love with them.  I just finished the novel and I am practically salivating for the second book in the series, which is not available at my library, yet.  I am going to hit up the used book store but more than likely I will have to wait and see what happens with Jace and Clary.  The story has everything, vampires, werewolves, young love and a group of teenage demon killers, that are truly bad ass.  The "twist" is not that hard to figure out, although I am pretty sure it will resolve itself in the next editions, I won't give anything away but I am pretty sure the truth about Clary's father is someone whose name begins with an "L".  Get ready to enter a world of fantasy you can easily imagine and will not want to leave. 

Time for me to Library stalk City of Ashes

No comments:

Post a Comment