Cover description: Sixteen-year-old Deirdre Monaghan is a prodigiously gifted musician. She's about to find out she's also a cloverhand-one who can see faeries. Unexpectedly, Deidre finds herself infatuated with a mysterious boy named Luke who enters her ordinary life, seemingly out of thin air. But his interest in her might be something darker than summer romance. When a sinister faerie named Aodhan shows up with deadly orders from the Faerie Queen, it forces Dee right into the midst of Faerie. Caught in the crossfire with Deidre is James, her wisecracking but loyal best friend. Deidre had been wishing her summer weren't so dull, but taking on centuries-old Faerie Queen isn't exactly what she had in mind.
Lament felt a little rushed, especially towards the end. Stiefvater spends a lot of time building characters and detailing the love story between Dee and Luke but falters in the other story lines which makes the book seem not finished. I as expected a little more Faerie and a little less kissing and/or obsessing about kissing. The end left a few things unanswered (especially about her evil aunt Deliah). I thought it could have had a little more depth, but it was a nice, short read. I am not sure if I will read the other book in this series.
No comments:
Post a Comment