Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets nest by Steig Larsson

Cover Description:  Lisbeth Salander will have her revenge - against the men who tried to kill her, and against the government institutions that nearly succeeded in deliberately destroying her life.  As a traumatized victim of the care system, Salander has learned to trust no-one save herself, but this is on war she cannot wage alone.  After sustaining appalling gunshot woulds t her had and her shoulder, sh is in intensive care, and her most dangerous enemy is in the next-door ward.
If she survives, she is set to face murder charges.  Officially under police guard, she is allowed contact with only her surgeon or her lawyer.  But Mikael Blomkvist, editor at Millennium magazine and Salander's self-appointed guardian angel, will not give up on this sstrangely compelling girl.  Blomkvist knows that, as a world-class computer specialist, Slander just needs the right tools to have the world at her fingertips.
With the covert aid of Blomkvist and his journalists at Millennium, Salander must first prove her innocence.  only then can she unmask the people behind the corrupt and secret manoeuvres that ruined her childhood and remain the rotten core of the Swedish society.  The survivor of institutionalized abuse, and violence, Salander, even in hospital, is spoiling for another fight. 

The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest is the third novel in the Millennium series, and I must say even better than the first two books.  This series is original and captivating.  I eagerly awaiting the release of this novel and was so happy not to be disappointed.  The story is fast paced, quick witted and (SPOILER) has a happy, wrapped up with a little bow ending.  It was perfect.  I loved the ride and when I grow up I want to be Lisbeth Salander (or Angelina Jolie but that is for entirely different reasons).  Loved it, Loved it, Loved it, if it wasn't due back at the library ASAP I would read it again and again. In fact I want to read the entire series again back to back, just to get my Dragon Tattoo fix.  Highly recommend.
I am very sad that there will not be any more books by this orginal author.

No comments:

Post a Comment