Cover Description: The Cold, Grace has spent years watching the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf-her wolf- watches back. He feels deeply familiar to her, but she doesn't know why.
The Heat, Sam has lived two lives. As a wolf, he keeps the silent company of the girl he loves. And then, for a short time each year, he is a human, never daring to talk to Grace...until now.
The Shiver, For Grace and Sam, love has always been kept at a distance. But once it's spoken, it cannot be denied. Sam must fight to stay human-Grace must fight to keep him-even if it means taking on the scars of the past, the fragility of the present, and the impossibility of the future.
Shiver is cute story about falling in love for the first time, of course it has a bit of a twist that Grace's first love just happens to be a werewolf. A minor technicality to a teenager. I really liked the back and forth between Sam's perspective and Grace's perspective throughout the book, it was nice to see the male character gush for once and it really added a fast pace to the novel, it is about 400 pages and I read the entire thing in 6 hours. I found myself strangely attached to Sam and Grace, cheering for them to beat the odds and while I did not cry at the end I did let a little *sigh*. I won't give the ending away but I will say there is a second book coming out in July which I already have on hold at the Library.
I really like this author and totally by coincidence I picked another book by her, which I am reading right now and enjoying just as much as Shiver
No comments:
Post a Comment